- Outdoor LED Lighting
- Indoor LED Lighting
- Wiring Devices
- Indoor LED Lighting
KIDDE HARDWIRED COMBINATION CARBON MONOXIDE & SMOKE ALARM
The Kidde KN-COSM-IBA uses breakthrough technology to offer a fast response to real fires, including smoldering and fast-flaming, as well as protect you from carbon monoxide and dramatically reduce the chance of nuisance alarms. The Intelligent sensor technology combines the detection capabilities of an ionization smoke sensor – which is more likely to detect smaller, less visible fire particles, like those produced by flaming fires – with that of an electrochemical sensor, which is used to detect CO. Since carbon monoxide is present in all fires, having both detection chambers work together in one alarm is a breakthrough in the fire safety industry. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, it will communicate with the other. Depending on what is detected, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitivity in order to better discriminate between a real hazard and a false one. This constant communication enhances the alarm’s overall performance in all fires, and significantly reduces the potential for a nuisance alarm.
Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
Fire: The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message “FIRE!”. The alarm pattern will repeat until smoke is eliminated.
Carbon Monoxide: Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” This continues until the unit is reset or the CO is eliminated.
Low Battery: One chirp followed by warning “LOW BATTERY.” The red LED light will flash. This pattern will continue every minute for at least seven days. Under battery power, the “LOW BATTERY” voice only occurs once every 15 minutes.
Voice Hush Indication: “HUSH MODE ACTIVATED” and “HUSH MODE CANCELLED”
- Smart InterconnectTM-Interconnects up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating).
- Battery Backup (2-AA batteries included)-Provides protection during power outages.
- Front Loading Battery Door-Replace the backup batteries without disconnecting from mounting bracket
- Battery Lockout System-The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed.
- Alarm Tamper Resist-Helps deter from tampering and theft.
- Adjustable Mounting Bracket-Makes installation fast and easy. Works with existing smoke and combination smoke and CO mounting brackets.
- Peak Level Memory-Announces “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” if alarm has detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher since it was last reset.
- HushTM Feature-Silences nuisance alarms for approximately 9 minutes. (Smoke must be present before HushTM is activated)
- Ionization Sensor Technology-Ideal for detecting fast flaming and other types of fires.
- Test Button Functions:– Tests the unit for proper operation
- – Peak Level memory
- – Resets the Carbon Monoxide alarm
- Green LED-Illuminates to indicate the unit is receiving AC power. Flashes once every 60 seconds to indicate battery only mode. Flashes once per second during alarm to indicate initiating alarm. Flashes once every 16 seconds to indicate smoke or CO previously detected. Flashes every 2 seconds while the alarm is in HUSHTM mode.
- Red LED-When a dangerous level of smoke or carbon monoxide is detected the red LED will flash. If the unit malfunctions, the red LED will flash and the unit will chirp every 30 seconds.
KIDDE HARDWIRED COMBINATION CARBON MONOXIDE & SMOKE ALARM &n...KIDDE HARDWIRED COMBINATION CARBON MONOXIDE & SMOKE ALARM &n...KIDDE HARDWIRED COMBINATION CARBON MONOXIDE & SMOKE ALARM &n...